Degrees and Certifications:
The Rumney School Board, Russell Elementary School Administration and Staff are committed to providing a safe and comfortable atmosphere in which children can learn. This includes showing respect for one another and the school facility, encouraging a sense of self-responsibility and taking pride in working to the best of one’s ability.
Within this environment, we also are committed to:
· Developing each student’s full academic potential;
· Cultivating good character, citizenship and self-reliance;
· Helping students to build positive self-esteem and desire to become lifelong learners;
· Encouraging collaboration among staff to provide learning experiences relevant to all students’ needs; · Implementing curriculum in ways which will motivate and challenge students to learn;
· Involving students in programs that promote healthful living;
· Establishing a school and community partnership.
Russell Elementary School is a Kindergarten through 8th grade school with approximately 135 students. We are developing into a “Responsive Classroom School” which unites our staff and students through common practices and goals. Our foundational core concepts are “Respectful” and “Responsible”. These words are modeled, not only within the classroom, but are extended to our school sports as well.
We are fortunate to have a diverse blend of highly qualified teaching staff and very supportive parents and community. Our school offers many opportunities for community involvement which include Open House, Family Fun Fair, PTO events, Concerts and Community Picnics.
As we enter this 21st century of learning we are excited to offer our students technology tools for enhanced learning. All our classrooms include LCD projector systems that are incorporated with interactive whiteboards. In addition, we offer students the use of wireless internet connections in our Media Center, classroom laptops, and classroom iPads.
We pride ourselves in giving each and every student the highest possible level of success and instruction in order to promote life-long learners that become successful members of our society.
Mrs. Gaiero has worked for Russell Elementary School since 2003. First as a Paraprofessional and now as the Administrative Assistant/Office Manager for Russell School. In addition Mrs. Gaiero works for the schools B.E.A.R.S. Club after school program, is School Clerk for Russell, and is the current School Board Secretary.
Some of the functions of the office are:
• Answer telephone, inquires, relay messages to students and staff. (Be sure to call in as soon as possible with any changes to your child’s schedule.)
• Maintain/update web2school; including student portal.If you have a change in your information (i.e. Phone #) please contact the office so that appropriate changes can be made.
• Manage student files.
• Enroll/transfer students upon request.
• Order supplies/submit PO’s for facilities department
• Relay computer concerns to our tech support.
• Arrange transportation for all field trips, athletic activities, and daily bus routes.
The Facilities Department of Russell Elementary School consists of two dedicated and skilled gentlemen who strive to keep our school clean and safe for all of our students. We use environment and people friendly chemicals and up to date cleaning equipment to help keep our school clean. Also, more often than not, you will see one of us repairing something whether it be a desk or a student’s sneaker. On days that students are on vacation or have a snow day, we are hard at work refinishing floors and painting or doing a number of other less routine but important chores. We are proud to be a part of the Russell Elementary School team.